Health & Safety
At McArthurGlen Group we have developed a health and safety strategy which will:
- Provide clear direction for all McArthurGlen personnel to follow;
- Demonstrate the Company's commitment to continuous improvement;
- Ensure compliance with European and country specific health and safety laws as a minimum;
- Encourage the sharing of best practice across the Organisation;
- Help to reduce the number of incidents throughout the Business;
- Support the morale and well-being of McArthurGlen employees; Place the health, safety and well-being of our Employees, Customers and Brand Partners at the forefront of everything we do.
The implementation of the health and safety strategy is supported by comprehensive policy documents, the provision of training and development and effective communication via quarterly health safety and sustainability committee meetings, annual network conferences and monthly conference calls.
McArthurGlen has appointed a Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager and an Environmental Advisor under the Direction of the Operations Director to guide the Business in all matters relating to health, safety and sustainability.
Health and Safety Awards and Accreditations
Since 2006, 15 of our Designer Outlets have been awarded Five Stars through the British Safety Council's five star audit system. The Five Star Audit is an internationally recognised audit system, used by leading organisations worldwide to benchmark their safety management system against best practice process. The Audit objectively evaluates an organisation's OH & S management system, identifying areas of strength and weakness, and supports a structured continuous improvement approach going forward. It is globally recognised as one of the most comprehensive, independent audit measurement systems available today.
The RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) Silver award was awarded to all Designer Outlets within the McArthurGlen Group in 2008, followed by RoSPA Gold awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Our Livingston Designer Outlet achieved accreditation to OHSAS 18001 in April 2010, followed by our Castel Romano Designer Outlet in May 2011. OHSAS 18001 is an occupational safety and health management standard which is recognised globally.
Sword of Honour
Four of our Designer Outlets have also been awarded the British Safety Council's Sword of honour. The Sword of Honour is the most prestigious international health and safety accolade that a company can receive, and it is designed to encourage and reward organisations that work to best practice.
- 2006 Sword Awarded to Swindon Designer Outlet, UK
- 2007 Sword Awarded to Parndorf Designer Outlet, Austria
- 2008 Sword Awarded to Castel Romano Designer Outlet, Italy 2009 Sword Awarded to Barberino Designer Outlet, Italy
- 2012 Swords awarded to Roubaix Designer Outlet, France; Noventa di Piave Designer Outlet, Italy and York Designer Outlet, UK.