Sunday Lamb for Easter
Halo Cast Iron Oval Casserole dishes
This Easter, cook up a delicious slow roasted leg of lamb cooked on a bed of vegetables for all of your family to share.
Ready in approx 2 hours
2. Weigh the lamb joint and calculate cooking time, allowing 20-25 mins per 450g/lb for meat a little pink in the middle
3. On hob, heat olive oil in casserole and add lamb joint, turning often, until just sealed
4. Remove the lamb and set aside
5. Add onions, parsnips and carrots to casserole, plus 3 whole garlic cloves
6. Sit lamb on top of the veg, arrange lemon wedges around meat, pour over stock and season well with black pepper
7. Cover with lid and cook in the oven for 15 mins, remove lid and cook for 30 mins more
8. To make the herb dressing, mix chopped herbs with lemon juice in a small bowl, stir in extra virgin olive oil
9. Remove from oven and spoon half of herb dressing over lamb, return to oven for the rest of the cooking time
10. Let meat rest for 20 mins before serving with potatoes and the rest of the herb dressing.