120g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing • 120g golden caster sugar • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract • 100g self raising flour • 1 teaspoon baking powder • 50g cocoa powder • 2 eggs • 60g crunchy peanut butter • 1 tablespoon milk • 300g chocolate spread • 5 Reese’s cups • 10 edible eyes • 20 pretzels
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- When the butter and sugar mixture is light and fluffy, crack in one of the eggs and add a tablespoon of the flour mixture. Whisk until the egg is well incorporated. Repeat again with the second egg.
- Once both eggs are added, pour in the remaining flour along with the peanut butter and milk. Whisk until a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Take 5 petite casseroles and grease with a little butter. Divide the cake batter between the casseroles, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- To decorate, divide the chocolate spread between the cakes and smooth over the top of each using a palette knife. Stick one Reese’s cup in the middle of each iced cake and stick on two edible eyes using a little chocolate spread.
- Using pieces of pretzel, add 8 legs (4 either side) to the spider body and serve.
Discover the edit
Silicone Crepe Pan