A greener future
Our actions for a more sustainable future.
At McArthurGlen, we know we have a responsibility to protect our planet and support our local communities. We are committed to limiting the impact of our activities on the environment and to maximising our positive contributions to the communities in which we operate. The opening of McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny will provide an opportunity for us to continue our work to establish a sustainable shopping experience.
McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny has obtained a NF HQE (High Environmental Quality) certification at the "excellent" level. This certification, issued by the French organisation CERTIVEA – a leader in the certification and categorisation of tertiary buildings, infrastructures and land development – guarantees the construction and sustainable operation of our centre, assessed across four key areas: eco-construction, eco-design, comfort and health.
We were keen to ensure the construction of the centre had a neutral impact on the environment from the very start. Several actions have been implemented to ensure a clean site with low nuisance in terms of noise, waste or pollution, both for local residents and workers.
- The site and its surroundings are regularly watered and cleaned to limit the spread of dust.
- Site noise levels are measured and cannot exceed certain thresholds.
- The materials used on site are carefully chosen to use a maximum of eco-responsible, bio-sourced or recycled materials, durable over time and recyclable at the end of their life cycle, sourced as much as possible from local suppliers.
- Water and electricity consumption are monitored to ensure the least energy-consuming worksite possible, in line with our sustainable approach.
More than 100 tonnes of site waste will be recovered monthly
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny is built on just 35% of the site’s 10 hectares, leaving the remaining 65% free of any construction and protecting vegetation and flowers. This limits soil sealing and preserves existing water flow lines and ecological corridors.
- Located along the A13 motorway, the centre has a minimal visual impact on the landscape and blends into the environment around the site, in particular making use of 20,000 sq m of living roofs.
- Underground parking facilities with 1,080 spaces, as well as an outdoor electric car park with 120 spaces lined with trees and vegetation, will also ensure a limited visual impact on the environment.
20,000 sq m of living roofs
434 trees planted
7,269 sq m of shrubs and perennials
53,111 sq m of grassland
The different plants that will form the green walls at McArthurGlen Paris-Giverny will be carefully selected and raised in the nursery by the British company, Biotecture, which also created the living wall at our Ashford centre in Kent, in the UK. In addition, 90% of the earth dug during the construction of the project will be reused in the multiple green spaces of the site, or for the maintenance of the green outdoor spaces.
Our 20,000 sq m living roofs will filter 60% of rainwater
Optimising the consumption of energy is one of our main concerns with the opening of McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny. To limit energy losses in the centre, including water and electricity consumption, we are using bio-climatic technology to achieve effective environmental management of resources. The centre has been designed to take full advantage of its location thanks to strategic architectural choices which reduce the need for heat, air conditioning and lighting.
McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny will achieve considerable energy savings.
- The lighting of the centre will be provided exclusively by LED bulbs to reduce energy consumption and heat production.
- Low-consumption toilet flushes, taps and showers will allow significant drinking water savings to be made with consumption approximately 30% lower than the average for similar buildings.
- A rainwater collection system will also be used to maintain the green spaces.
- We have also chosen high-performance insulating materials for optimal thermal and sound insulation.
We will achieve a reduction in gas consumption of approximately 1.8GW/h thanks to biomass, the equivalent of heating 150 individual houses
At least 65% of waste is recycled each month thanks to our dedicated teams. More than 40 tonnes of waste will be recycled monthly.
Our desire to be fully integrated with the local territory encompasses the promotion of employment, through the creation of approximately 700 jobs that will contribute to the economic growth of the region. With the support of Pôle Emploi, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and local authorities, McArthurGlen has supported training opportunities offered to future candidates. Several job fairs will be organised in November 2022 and February 2023 to directly meet candidates interested in the job opportunities available at the centre. An initial employment forum took place in November 2021, bringing together more than 300 people and allowing us to present the centre and the various positions and training available to them; proof of the impact of the project on the region and its inhabitants.
Beyond professional opportunities, it is important that McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny is an accessible and inclusive centre.
- Everything is being done to welcome our disabled customers and ensure we can offer them a seamless shopping experience.
- A shuttle bus will connect Vernon-Giverny train station to our centre.
- The centre will also be linked to downtown Vernon by a cycle path integrated into the “Seine à Vélo” tourist route.
- Sheltered bicycle parking with battery charging ports will be available to our guests and employees.
- In addition to our car park of 1,080 spaces plus our 120 spaces for electric vehicles, there will be several car parks for motorbikes, offering a practical solution for everyone visiting us.
Finally, on site, our visitors will receive a warm welcome and benefit from high-quality services which are an intrinsic part of McArthurGlen designer outlet DNA. McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Paris-Giverny, therefore, promises a memorable experience to everyone.
Now leasing, find out more
Get in touch with us about the project and the benefits of joining McArthurGlen Paris-Giverny now. Join us now and unlock additional potential for your brand.Contact Now