Privilege Club Loyalty Programme Terms and Conditions
1. Privilege Club (“the Programme”) is operated by McArthurGlen UK Limited (company number 02810264) with its registered office at 3rd Floor, Nations House, 103 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 1QS (“McArthur”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
How the programme works
3. Members of the Programme will be able to collect 5 reward points ("Points") for each €1 spent at Participating Retailers. Depending on the number of Points earned you will become eligible to redeem your Points in exchange for various discounts (of up to a maximum of 25%) ("Rewards") on purchases at Participating Retailers (see paragraph 17 below).
4. Rewards can be redeemed at Participating Retailers on purchases of non-sale items and, at the retailer's discretion, sale or special offer items.
5. You must have a minimum of 500 Points to be able to redeem them against purchases.
6. Points accumulated under the Programme have no cash value.
7. When points are redeemed, your points balance will be reduced accordingly.
8. Points you earn at Participating Retailers as part of the Programme cannot be redeemed until credited to your account. We are not responsible for a failure, delay or error in points being credited to your account, not caused by us.
9. Members of the Programme may also receive benefits, discounts and special offers from Participating Retailers (“Offers”).
10. Offers may be determined based on the number of visits you make and the number of Points that you earn. A "visit" for purposes of the Programme means each time that you use your Privilege Club personal QR code, whether via a membership card, the App or the website, when paying for a transaction at a Participating Retailer.
11. The Offers you have access to may vary from time to time and from person to person. Please note that all Offers are subject to availability. In addition to these terms, each Offer will be subject to its own terms and conditions which will be notified to you along with details of the relevant Offer
12. To redeem a Reward or Offer you will need to present your personal QR code (available by logging into the App or website or which can be found on the back of your membership card) when making a qualifying purchase at Participating Retailers.
13. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with Rewards. Only one Offer or Reward can be used per transaction. Any deviation from this policy will be at the discretion of Participating Retailers.
Joining the programme
14. You can register with the Programme in a Participating Store, at Guest Services, on our website at www.mcarthurglen.com or by downloading the App and applying for membership. If you apply to register with the Programme, or use your personal Privilege Programme QR code, you accept these Terms. We may refuse an application for membership with the Programme at our sole discretion.
16. For a list of the retailers who are participating in the Programme ("Participating Retailers"), please refer to the website or the App. The list of Participating Retailers may change from time to time.
McArthurGlen responsibility and liability
17. We have no responsibility or liability for goods or services which you purchase from a retailer using an Offer, a Reward or otherwise. If an issue arises in this relation, you should contact the Participating Retailer directly to resolve the matter.
18. Without our default, i. e. (gross) negligence or willful conduct, we accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with using the Programme, including without limitation, in relation to any transmission, message or any other technical difficulties beyond our control.
Cancellation or changes to the programme
19. Whilst we will try to ensure that the scanners and system are available during store opening hours, you understand that there may be circumstances where the scanner and/or system is unavailable and you will not be able to redeem Points or Offers.
20. We reserve the right to amend or suspend the Programme at any time taking into account the mutual legitimate interests of the parties.
21. We may also decide to terminate the Programme at any time. In such case we will provide for an appropriate period of time in which Points can be redeemed for Rewards or Offers until wind-down occurs and Points can no longer be used.
22. We reserve the right to terminate your membership of the Programme in the event that:
- we terminate the Programme; or
- we reasonably believe you have behaved in a way which is fraudulent, inappropriate or illegal. Termination for cause remains unaffected for both parties.
23. We may also decide to terminate your membership of the Programme if you do not redeem Points or Offers for a continuous period of 13 months. In such a case we will provide for an appropriate period to redeem your Points and/or make use of Offers.
24. If you no longer wish to take part in the Programme, you can do so by simply deleting or ceasing to use your personal QR code or the App or website.
25. From time to time, it may be necessary to make changes to the Programme and/or these Terms. Where changes to Terms shall apply to your current membership, then your continued participation in the Programme after the change of these Terms and your notice thereof, will typically indicate your acceptance of the changes.
26. You must be over 16. If your parent or legal guardian has registered you with the Programme, then your parent or legal guardian is responsible for you (and your access to the Programme) and accepts that you may accept or receive the Offers in accordance with these Terms.
27. The laws of England/Wales shall apply. The application of mandatory legal provisions in the country of your habitual residence remains unaffected. The place of jurisdiction shall be England/Wales if you are a merchant or do not have a permanent residence within the Federal Republic of Germany.
28. For any comments, suggestions or questions about the Programme or these Terms, you can contact us by email: email@example.com
Last Updated: 14 January 2019