The perfect dish for making use of your festive leftovers for a boxing day dinner. Simply combine grated carrot and parsnip with pre-cooked potato, the addition of eggs and bacon makes this a brilliant breakfast or brunch dish too.
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil 1 knob of butter 1 white onion, sliced 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 tablespoon mixed herbs 1 tablespoon curry powder 1 tablespoon smoked paprika 150g carrot, grated 150g parsnip, grated 400g cooked potatoes, roughly mashed 4 eggs 150g bacon lardons Parsley, to serve Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220⁰C/ Fan 200⁰C/ Gas Mark 7
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs along with a pinch of salt and fry for a further 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the spices, fry for 1 minute more then remove from heat.
3. Combine the onion mixture with the grated carrot, parsnip and cooked potato. Season with cracked black pepper. Spoon into the Stoneware Heritage 26cm Rectangular Dish and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and using the back of a spoon create 4 wells. Crack the eggs in to each hole, sprinkle the dish with the lardons and return to the oven to bake for a further 10 minutes. If the eggs are not quite cooked, cover the dish with a little foil and cook for a further 2 - 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.